Compaction Aid and Warm Mix Asphalt (WMA) Additives
In order for pavements to last, they must be properly constructed. Achieving the required density has often been considered the single most important factor affecting the ultimate performance of any pavement. Even the best asphalt mixes are guaranteed to fail prematurely without proper compaction. Mat temperature plays a critical role in the time allowed to achieve proper density.
Road Science’s AD-here® ULTRA and WarmGrip® warm mix technologies provide paving contractors with a compaction aid combined with industry’s leading and most trusted liquid anti-strips. The AD-here ULTRA and WarmGrip product lines are specifically formulated to enable the asphalt mix to be produced and compacted at lower temperatures, and to lengthen pavement life by protecting against moisture damage.
By incorporating AD-here ULTRA and WarmGrip into their mixes, paving contractors are able to efficiently:
- Achieve proper density when ambient temperatures are cooler
- Pass Tensile Strength Ratio (TSR) and Hamburg Wheel Tracking tests
- Haul the mix longer distances without sacrificing workability and compactability of the mix
- Incorporate higher percentages of recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) into the mix
- Reduce fuel consumption
- Lower plant emissions
- Provide better working environments for paving crews.
- Extend the paving season.
With Road Science’s chemical synthesis and paving application expertise, we’re able to provide our customers with superior performing warm mix additives that provide clear advantages.